|1/2 Cup||Amaranth Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)|
|1 Cup||Brown Rice Flour|
|9 TBSP||Non-Dairy Butter (Earth Balance)|
|1/2 Cup||Light Brown Sugar|
|1/4 Cup||Sugar (Florida Crystals)|
|1/4 Cup||Unsweetened or Mixed Berry Applesauce (Vermont Village Organic)|
|1/4 Cup||Corn Starch|
|1/4 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1 Cup||Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life or Rice Dream both worked well)|
*Links have been provided for the products we thought worked particularly well in this recipe.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add applesauce to the mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk flours, starch, salt, and soda together.
- Combine both bowls, adding chocolate chips last.
- Roll the dough into a log, wrap it in parchment paper and place in refrigerator for one hour.
- After your dough has cooled for 1 hour, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- As the oven preheats, spoon batter onto cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool before serving. They will come out moist but firm up when cool.